Who Qualifies for a USDA Loan?

The home must be located in an ” RD ELIGIBLE” area, you can find this by going to http://eligibility.sc.egov.esda.gov. It must be the ONLY real property owned by the owner listed on title, which means it must be your primary residence and NOT an income property. To qualify you must have a well/septic inspection, and the home must be certified to meet some specific HUD guidelines. One of the great elements of this loan program is that 100% of repairs may be financed based on “as improved” value (all work must be completed prior to closing). While this may seem like a lot of detail (and it would be if you were navigating it by yourself!) we at Mannila Besaw Group are well connected with the lenders who offer these favorable loan options and we are here to help you through the process. Our team includes brokers with mortgage and banking background, commercial real estate experience, as well as the increasingly important Lease Option information, and of course our short sale team is very busy right now. We love creative real estate!

Comments are closed.