We all know that Central Oregon is an outdoor paradise. In every season, there’s something for everyone here. Whether it’s a brisk walk around the paths along the river trail or skinning up Tumalo Mountain for some backcountry skiing, there’s a way to enjoy the outdoors in every season.
But, let’s admit… there are times when you’re just not feeling it. Maybe digging out your gear or snow pants isn’t what you had in mind. Well, we’ve got you covered! Below are 9 FUN things to do in Central Oregon when you want to hide from the cold.
9) Enjoy a burger and beer (or whatever you desire) while sitting on a cozy couch and watching a movie at McMenamins Old St. Francis School. Tip: Buy your ticket online and arrive early for the best seating.
8) We are lucky to have a thriving performing arts community in Central Oregon. Check out Cascades Theatrical Company, Central Oregon’s longest-running community theater, the iconic Tower Theater, and At Liberty, a collaborative art space, gallery, and cultural hub.
7) Like to climb? Never tried it? That’s alright; the Bend Rock Gym is a fun place for all!
6) Bouncing off the walls in the winter? Well, there’s a place for that. Two of them! Children of all ages (yes, that means YOU!) can bounce to their heart’s content at Mountain Air Trampoline Park or The Trampoline Zone-Bend.
5) Ever tried an Escape Room? An escape room is an actual room where teamwork and smarts will help you beat the game. Bring yourself and your friends down to The Puzzle Effect in Bend (formerly known as The Bend Escape Room) or have the mobile escape room come to you!
4) Visit an independent bookstore! Two of our favorites are Dudley’s Bookshop Cafe and Roundabout Books. Both not only have an excellent selection of books, but they are also comfortable places to relax or socialize. Buy a coffee, glass of wine, or have a sandwich and stay for a while.
3) Have a need for speed? Then K1 Speed is the place to be! These aren’t the old school go-carts you raced as a kid…
2) We can’t even believe this is a REAL thing, but if you’ve ever thought, “I would love to hurl an ax into a target,” here is your chance! Unofficial Logging Co. recently opened its downtown Bend location while Bend Axe Throwing brings the ax-throwing fun to you with their mobile unit.
And, finally, our #1 pick for indoor winter fun…
We can’t even begin to list all the happy hours available daily. It’s one of the great things about Central Oregon. But, we can help by providing you with the link to The Source’s Happy Hour Locator. Enjoy!!